Cold Start: Set Up Your Practice To Have The Ability To Run Without You - E23
When you start a practice cold, you are not going to be over run with patients at the beginning. As a result, a lot of the day to day questions are going to run directly through you. This is fine in the beginning, but realize that as you grow this will be a hindrance.
For example, when I first tried opening a second office I had not fully established an office manager and I was handling pretty much all of those issues. The downfall was that I was not going to be at the second office all the time which meant the new doctor would have to fill my role. This is not what a doctor is trained to do, nor what most associate doctors want to do.
As a result, I went back to the drawing board and revamped my policies and procedures to streamline everything. We had a set protocol for 95% of the things we do and a trained manager that worked with me to handle the other 5%.
Now I bring this up because it is inevitable that your office is going to grow. The sooner you realize what I did and let your staff handle the front end of the office, the sooner you will be able to focus on the growth and development of the business. This is how you will be the office you want 10 years down the line.
Join in the fun and subscribe to the podcast to keep up with all the great content coming down the pipe! For exclusive content, be sure to register your email on our website and I will be sending out newsletters and other great bonuses as we go. I love getting feedback, questions, suggestions, etc. so contact me at www.theultimateod.com, on social media (click here for -> Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) OR, just shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’d be happy to chat!